The following information will give you an idea of what is involved in our Introductory Courses. If you are interested to find out more, you can contact our Club Captain on email firstname.lastname@example.org we will contact you to let you know when to come to the boathouse for your first session.
Approximately 1 hour - Land based
Your first session will be held at the North Esk Boathouse. You will be introduced to club members and given a tour of the boatshed facilities. Our club safety policy, procedures and rules will be explained. a designated coach will demonstrate basic rowing technique on the rowing ergometers and explain common rowing terminology.
At the end of your session we trust you will be keen to make arrangements with the coach for your first "on water" row.
Approximately 1.5 hours - On water
However, before you jump in a boat, the club has a number of safety requirements that must be met:
- be able to swim 50 meters comfortably (clothed)
- acknowledge that you have read, understand and will abide with club safety policies and rules.
What to bring when you row
You will need:
- appropriate sun protection
- warm but tight fitting clothing, (more is better and clothing can be removed as you warm up), bike shorts, track pants or leggings are suitable.
- light slip-on boat shoes, or socks and cloggs that can be easily removed.
- a water bottle